Top 10 List for a Valentine's Day Date in San Angelo.
by sabrina forse
Hearts, flowers, candy and love letters . . . Valentine’s Day is considered the day of romance. Whether you’re celebrating with your significant other, preparing to make your move or laughing it off with your besties, here are some ideas for fun ways to spend Valentine’s Day in San Angelo.
1. San Angelo Stock Show & Rodeo: Valentine’s Day falls on the same night as the San Angelo Stock Show and Rodeo finals. Watch the best of the best compete for the title. If you can’t score tickets, take a stroll through the carnival and win your love a prize or ride the ferris wheel.
2. Take a stroll along the Concho River hand in hand with your love.
3. Dance the night away in downtown San Angelo with good music. Hear live music at Whiskey River (Stoney LaRue), Blaine’s Pub (Chris Colston) and The Rustic Cellar (Manny Campos).
4. Make the decision to try something you haven’t before. Check out a restaurant you’ve never been to and make new memories.
5. Order take-out or delivery with San Angelo to Go and Netflix and chill at home.
6. Make it nostalgic and bring out your inner child. Lace up the wheels and go skating at Angelo Skate & Fun Center, swing a club at Lunar Golf or bowl a strike at Stadium Lanes.
7. Batter up for a sporty date! Cheer on Angelo State! ASU Softball plays a double-header starting with Texas A&M International at 2:30 p.m. and Ouachita Baptist University at 4:45 p.m. ASU Baseball plays Cameron University at 3 p.m.
8. Grab your besties and put your survival skills to the test at the Think in a Box Escape Room in downtown San Angelo.
9. Write a love letter to express your feelings and share it with your significant other or the object of your affection.
10. Lead with a servant’s heart and read or visit with someone who has since lost the love of their life. Call a nursing home or senior center and visit with someone in need.