Do-It-Yourself Gifts for Mother's Day
Photo Frame: You'll love this Mother's Day gift idea to pieces!
This easy craft is the perfect use for that old puzzle missing a few pieces or the children's puzzle that no longer gets played with. It can be as simple as gluing pieces randomly onto an old frame or, making a popsicle stick frame and painting the puzzle pieces is a more hands-on option for Pre-School through Elementary aged kids. Snap and print a photo with an "I Love You to Pieces" sign or use a picture of Mom and her babies. Another option would be to write "I love you to pieces" on the puzzle pieces. Let the kids put their own spin on it and most of all, have fun!
Easy Sugar Scrub
Makes 1 ½- 2 cups
- 1 cup granulated or brown sugar (For extra exfoliation, you can add up to 1/2 cup more sugar)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla, almond, peppermint, or another extract of choice (may substitute 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oils)
1. In a medium-size bowl, mash together the sugar and coconut oil.
2. Stir in the optional extract or essential oil.
3. Spoon into a glass container with a tight-fitting lid to maintain the freshness and fragrance. The scrub will keep for a couple of months–if it lasts that long!
4. Attach this printable tag made especially for Mom!