Mushroom, Onion, and Muenster Cheese Quesadillas
Fall seems to bring a craving for something warm, but with temperatures still not quite fall-like in West Texas, it’s still feels too premature to break out the crockpot. My family of five tried this Mushroom, Onion, and Muenster Cheese Quesadilla recipe from H-E-B, and they were a hit – with just the right amount of warm, savory, and crunch!
1. Non-stick cooking spray
2. 8 oz. canned mushrooms, stems and pieces, drained
3. 1/3 cup French fried onions
4. 2 peeled garlic, sliced
5. 12 Muenster cheese, sliced
6. 1 cup roasted taqueria salsa
1. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine mushrooms, onions and garlic in a (small bowl; set mixture aside.
3. Place 3 tortillas on each prepared sheet pan.
4. Place one slice of cheese on each tortilla (trim slice to fit tortilla).
5. Top each cheese slice with 1/3-cup mushroom mixture; spread evenly.
6. Top quesadillas with another slice of cheese and tortilla.
7. Spray the tortilla tops with cooking spray.
8. Bake in oven at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, turn quesadillas, bake another 5 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, set 5 minutes, and place on cutting surface.
11. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
(For a non-vegetarian option, cook some ground beef or grilled chicken separately and place atop the baked quesadillas.)