Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
It’s fall, y’all! And you know what that means? Time to break out the slow cooker for delicious, but easy, budget-friendly meals. This Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast from slowcookergourmet.net uses pepperoncini peppers for a tasty spin on tried-and-true, protein-packed pot roast. Yum!
3 pound rump or chuck roast
2 tablespoons butter
16 oz. jar of Mezzetta pepperoncini peppers
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon dried chives
1 teaspoon celery salt
1. Poor beef broth into slow cooker.
2. Add roast.
3. Top with butter and 5 to 10 peppers.
4. Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water until smooth, then add broth.
5. Mix spices and sprinkle over roast.
6. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, or low for 8 to 10 until roast reaches internal temperature of 205 degrees F.
7. Shred and serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles.
8. Use remaining peppers to top each serving.
41 g protein
124 mg cholesterol
436 mg sodium
2 g carbohydrates