Easy Potato Soup
Cooler weather is crockpot
weather! This easy, creamy potato soup will hit the spot and couldn’t be
any easier. Cooked all day in the slow cooker, it's the perfect
comfort food on a cold day.
- 1 30oz. bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 1 32oz. box of chicken broth
- 1 10oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese
- 3 oz bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put hashbrowns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and half of the bacon bits in the crockpot. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, until potatoes are done.
- An hour before serving, cube cream cheese and add to the crockpot. Stir periodically throughout the hour until cream cheese is melted.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Additional toppings could include chives, sour cream for a baked potato soup!